How Can We Help?

< All Topics

In-Transit Permits

You can move an unregistered vehicle from one location to another inside Alberta, or to another Province. However, you must first provide proof of valid insurance and a description of the vehicle including the make, year and serial number. If the vehicle is entering or leaving the province you will also provide your proof of ownership.

Inside Alberta a permit can be issued for the following reasons and lengths of time:

  1. Move from point A to point B. – Maximum of 3 days
  2. Inspection purposes. – Maximum of 7 days
  3. Salvage vehicles – Maximum of 24 hours
  4. Mechanical servicing. – Maximum of 7 days
  5. Demonstration for the purpose of selling. – Maximum of 7 days 
  6. Towed vehicles – Maximum of 3 days

Outside Alberta:

In addition to the proof of insurance proof of ownership is also required.

Move from point A to point B. – 7 days

Table of Contents